UE RED TRIBE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UAAP SEASON 79: UE RED WARRIORS, MOVING FORWARD!

+6
syadaker
paulodagul
ue_25
cavalier18
meteorcatcher
azil67
10 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

UAAP SEASON 79: UE RED WARRIORS, MOVING FORWARD! - Page 4 Empty Re: UAAP SEASON 79: UE RED WARRIORS, MOVING FORWARD!

Post by icemint Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:08 am

Mukang around 20 pa ang nakalineup dyan.

Makikita nyo na paano maglaro ung pg na pinagsimulan ng kaba ni Fran Yu.

At kung paano maglaro si Alvin Pasaol. X-factor natin un panigurado.

Kung interesado ka pa sumama sa amin waddaphak, sama ka sa sat.
icemint
icemint
Admin

Back to top Go down

UAAP SEASON 79: UE RED WARRIORS, MOVING FORWARD! - Page 4 Empty Re: UAAP SEASON 79: UE RED WARRIORS, MOVING FORWARD!

Post by cavalier18 Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:35 am

Sayang, di ako pwede ng Sat. Wednesday babawi ako. Gusto ko makita yung lineup and how the newcomers will play. Yung spot pala na iniwan ni Fran Yu ang daling napunan nina Coach. Ano laro nitong Alvin?

cavalier18

Back to top Go down

Post by icemint Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:21 pm

Small Forward yan bro.
icemint
icemint
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by icemint Sun May 01, 2016 12:27 am

UE won against ADMU, 93-91.

It was almost a lost ballgame at the last minute of the 4th quarter with Ateneo leading by 7 points.

Then Alvin Pasaol made a huge three before he fouls fouls out of the game. He also made 6/6 freethrows during the 4th canto. UE forced a turnover and Charcos was able to break free to cut the lead down to 2. 76-78.

With around 15 secs remaining in the 4th, Ateneo split their free-throws. With no timeouts to call, UE managed to find an open Batiller who sank a game-tying 3pointer.

In the overtime period, Renz Palma took control and had 3-4 coast-to-coast layups.

The game was highly physical with both teams receiving unsportsmanlike fouls and technical fouls. UE's Abanto was thrown out of the game.

Renz Palma led all scorers with 22 points.

--------------

Medyo madumi maglaro etong batch ng Blue Eagles - Ikeh, Apacible, Porter etc.

Naninindak yata kala nila magbbackdown ang Warriors. Mandirigma to mga tol.

--------------

You should see Alvin Pasaol play, hindi athletic very fundamental lang ang kilos pero shooter. May designs na play talaga sa kanya via screens.

At you should see his antics on and off court. Komedyante ang bata. Pag nasa huddle nangungulit lang sa teammates nangangalabit ng courtside reporters.

And my two incidents kanina sa game na nagkatumbahan sila, ung player ng ateneo patayo pero inupuan sya sa muka, ang ginawa nya hinila nya pababa ayun ikot ung atenista sa sahig.

then may natumbang ateneo player, aabutan nya ng kamay slow-mo para kunwari aalalayan nya tumayo, pero bigla nya iniwas kamay nya hahaha. loko. Si Coach Dindo na lang nagsorry sa Ateneo player haha.

Last edited by icemint on Sun May 01, 2016 1:00 am; edited 2 times in total
icemint
icemint
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by icemint Sun May 01, 2016 12:28 am

You can watch the game on monday 4pm at ch 23
icemint
icemint
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by icemint Mon May 16, 2016 11:56 pm

Twelve UE players thrown out as bench-clearing incident mars Warriors-La Salle match

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Twelve UE players thrown out as bench-clearing incident mars Warriors-La Salle match
Derrick Pumaren's UE team was left with five players after the commotion. Jaime Campos
DE La Salle beat University of the East, 99-95, on Sunday in a Milcu Got Skills Summer Showcase game marred by a bench-clearing incident at the Lyceum gym.

Reports said an altercation between University of the East’s Clark Derige and La Salle’s Abu Tratter led to several players leaving the bench, most of them to pacify the protagonists.

However, Go Archers reported on its Twitter account that Tratter was punched by Derige during the incident.

Referees and league organizers came down hard on the players and officials who entered the court during the commotion, ejecting 12 players from the UE team.

That left the coach and the five players on the court to finish the game for the Warriors.

Tratter and Larry Muyang were also ejected from the La Salle side.

Follow the writer on Twitter: @reubensports

Read more at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
icemint
icemint
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by icemint Mon May 16, 2016 11:57 pm

5 players lang naiwan sa UE pero 4 lang laman ng DLSU?

Palaban talaga Warriors ngayon. Very Happy
icemint
icemint
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by icemint Mon May 16, 2016 11:59 pm

UE Warriors confident they've found another gem from Mindanao in Alvin Pasaol

UE Warriors confident they've found another gem from Mindanao in Alvin Pasaol
UE coach Derrick Pumaren is impressed with Alvin Pasaol's touch and mobility. "Akala mo mataba na medyo mabagal pero he is always there especially sa rebounds. Hindi ganun kataas tumalon pero he’s always there," says the Warriors coach. Jaime Campos
MOST fans at ringside were surprised to see Alvin Pasaol do well for University of the East in the Red Warriors' maiden win over Lyceum in the Filoil Flying V Preseason Premier Cup on Wednesday afternoon.

Derrick Pumaren wasn't.

“I expected that,” said the veteran UE coach after seeing his recruit from Holy Cross of Davao College score 17 points to go with seven rebounds, three assists, two steals, and a block in the 91-75 win over the Pirates.

Pumaren has high hopes for the Samal City, Davao Del Norte native, confident he can make the same impact for the Warriors as Edson Batiller, a player from General Santos who made waves for the team in the last UAAP season.

The 6-3 wingman was highly-recruited by other UAAP teams since last year but chose to play for UE, thanks to the pitch made by Pumaren who went all the way to Davao to talk to the player and his parents.

“When I recruited him sa Davao, most of the schools were trying to recruit him but fortunately, napunta sa amin," said the PBA champion coach. "They were saying na malaki ang offer sa kanya ng iba but ang approach namin sa kanya pati sa parents niya is he is here to study.”

[See Davao recruit impresses in UE Red Warriors win over Pirates]

Pumaren is no doubt impressed with the 21-year-old, raving about his nice touch and deceptive mobility and spring that are rare for his size.

“I know he can score, he can hit outside shots, he is consistent. Akala mo mataba na medyo mabagal pero he is always there especially sa rebounds. Hindi ganun kataas tumalon pero he’s always there,” said Pumaren.

"I know what he can do. I expect a lot from him."

Pasaol is looking forward to his UAAP debut, saying he is looking to meet UE's expectations.

“Maraming kumukuha sa akin pero malaki ang tiwala ko kay Manong Derrick,” said Pasaol. “Linalaro ko lang ‘yung laro ko. Sabi nila, dapat ibigay namin ‘yung best namin.”

Follow the writer on Twitter: @reubensports

Read more at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
icemint
icemint
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by icemint Tue May 17, 2016 12:00 am

Sulit na sulit ang pagdayo ni Coach Pumaren sa Davao para recruitin si Pasaol.

Laki ng maitutulong nito para sa atin this season at sa mga susunod pa =)
icemint
icemint
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by icemint Tue May 24, 2016 10:28 pm

The Filoil Preseason Tournament is a rollercoaster ride for the Red Warriors, we won against Ateneo, lost to Beda, won against Lyceum, lost to DLSU, and lost to letran (after leading as much as 16 points).

Then natalo tayo sa Lyceum sa Milcu Basketball showcase games last sunday.

Understandable pa to dahil pre-season. At naghahanap pa ng combination si Coach Derek.

Kaya lang walang consistency sa mga Players. Ang only consistent na nakikita ko sa preseason ay si Alvin Pasaol. Nagtretres, nagrerebound, nakikipagpatayan sa kalaban kahit malaki at medyo mabagal nakakagawa sya ng paraan para makadiskarte. Medyo prone nga lang sa fouls kasi talagang sasabayan ang kalaban kahi si Mbala ka pa. Bantay sarado na rin sya sa mga ibang kalaban natin.

Last game against Letran. ganda na ng laro natin ng 1st 3 quarters, then last 5 minutes ng laro na-blanko UE. They didn't know wha thit them.

Expectedly, pagod na players natin come 4th quarter kahit ilang balasa pa ng players ang ginagawa ni Coach. Mahirap isustain ang fullcourt press pag ang kalaban mo nagpreress din at kasing sipag nyo tumakbo. parehas lang kayo lalaylay ang dila.

Letran's weakness was their frontcourt. Di natin natake advantage. Dami natin drives na kayang kaya ishoot pero nagmimintis ang players natin.

Eto pa rin ang weakness ng UE:

Perimeter defense - kakapress natin lagi naiiwanang bukas ang 3pointers ng kalaban. Dyan tayo nabiktima ni tio ng Ateneo, Soberano ng Beda at ng mga gunners ng Letran.

Sana makita ng Coaching staff na medyo eto talaga ang tinatake advantage ng mga kalaban natin.

Napansin ko din na okay ang chemistry ni Varilla, Palma at Batiller. Sana pagsabayin silang 3.

UE will be facing Mapua on Sunday 1.15pm sa Filoil sana makapanood kayo.
icemint
icemint
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by icemint Tue May 24, 2016 10:31 pm

Finally UE has caught a blue-chip recruit!

MVP from Guam, 33 points nung finals game nila sa tournament. Sana huwag mapirata.

-----------------

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Conner signs to play basketball at Manila's University of the East
Katy Clarke, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 2:04 a.m. ChST May 17, 2016
2016 IIAAG MVP Chris Conner

(Photo: Mark Scott/PDN)

John F. Kennedy senior Chris Conner signed his letter of intent to play basketball at the University of the East in Manila Monday morning.

“It means a lot,” said Conner. “It’s the sport I love.”

During his time at JFK, Conner was the star of his team, leading the Islanders to a championship in early 2016 while being named league MVP of the Independent Interscholastic Athletic Association of Guam’s boys basketball.

For Conner, he said the biggest adjustment he will face playing at the collegiate level is the removal of his support system. He credits his family with helping him throughout his high school career, and said he’s going to miss having them at his games while he is in the Philippines. However, he understands that the move is the best one to make for his future, and his family’s as well.

“There’s a lot of pressure on me because I’m going to be doing it alone,” Conner said. “I’m not going to have my family with me, so it’s going to be a little harder. I’m just trying not to think about it too much. Just know that when I get there, I’ll get stuff done. College is a good opportunity and I should take all my chances and help my family save money.”

Along with the support from his family, Conner credits the basketball structure in Guam with helping him reach the point of competing at the next level. Everything he learned at JFK and the challenges he faced by playing against good players and teams across the league are what got him to this point.

“They did a lot,” he said. “They made me learn. Guam has some tough competition out here and they made me compete.”

Conner will enroll at the University of the East and continue his basketball career next fall.
icemint
icemint
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by syadaker Wed May 25, 2016 9:28 am

Pwede na sya maglaro sa Season 79?

Last edited by syadaker on Wed May 25, 2016 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total

syadaker

Back to top Go down

Post by syadaker Wed May 25, 2016 9:48 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

syadaker

Back to top Go down

Post by syadaker Wed May 25, 2016 11:36 am

ISLANDERS TUGADE, CONNER COMMIT TO COLLEGES
By Robert Balajadia

The JFK Islanders gave a proper send off to two great athletes Monday morning after the the student athletes body was given their end-of-season awards.

Track star, and the Marianas fastest woman, Regine Tugade and basketball champ Chris Conner had already verbally committed to their colleges in the recent months, but on Monday they both made it official.

Tugade cleared and accepted a full-ride scholarship to the Naval Academy, who only offers five scholarships of this nature across the nation per year. ‘Queen Regine’ and JFK athletic director Jay Antonio, along with assistance from the Bowman family, had pushed to get Tugade the best available scholarship available. With her grades in a good place and her sports accomplishments well known, everything came into fruition.

“I got the email in February that I was accepted, but I wasn’t officialiy until I completed the medical portions later in March. It wasn’t until this past month that I committed to the Naval Academy and accepted their offer. It’s been overwhelming and it’s an honor being able to represent JFK in the Academy,” said Tugade

For Conner, everything changed after winning his second straight boys basketball title earlier this year. Scouts and coaches from University of the East came to watch the finals and they offered Conner the scholarship right after the win.

“It all happened so fast. After the game they pulled my dad to the side and told him about the scholarship. My dad knows that it was a big school so we immediately committed to them,” said Conner.

Conner will be on a full-ride scholarship as well.

The level of expectations for both athletes won’t be any higher than what they expect out of themselves. With goals and desires mere training and practices away, Tugade and Conner are ready to elevate their game.

“It’s really competitive in Division I track and I’m excited because I don’t have that kind of competition here. The girls out there in DI are at least a whole second or two faster than me, but that only means I’ll get better from here,” said Regine.

“It feels like just yesterday that I was playing basketball in 6th grade, just getting better. My goals are as high as I can set them. I just want to make my family proud that I’m also doing well in college. The courses may be difficult, but I’ll get it done,” ended Conner.

Both student athletes will be off to college towards the end of summer.

syadaker

Back to top Go down

Post by syadaker Wed May 25, 2016 11:41 am

Conner leads IIAAG All-Island picks

The defending champions, John F. Kennedy Islanders, took the bulk of the top 10 spots in the 2015/2016 Independent Interscholastic Athletic Association of Guam’s Boys’ Basketball All-Island Team selections with Most Valuable Player Christopher Conner leading the way.

Conner was voted the league’s MVP because of his ability to play any position on the court and dominate at each position if necessary. According to Simon Sanchez Sharks’ head coach Jin Han, the senior post player for the Islanders creates difficult matchups.

“Chris Conner is a double-double machine. He’s really tough to stop, because he can kill you in the inside and shoot well on the outside. He’s a good rebounder and he’s really athletic so the guy is able to get up and block shots,” said Han.

Because of all of his offensive abilities, Conner is one of the toughest players in the league to defend, added Han.

Although he was appreciative, Conner was calm and calculated in his response. “I’m honored to be the league’s MVP, because there’s a lot of great players out there, but if it wasn’t for my teammates, I wouldn’t have gotten recognized. Without my team I wouldn’t have stood out, because we all help each other on the court.”

Although they finished first, the Islanders still have work to do. “We’re all still hungry for the championship, that’s what I’m aiming for and hopefully that’s what we’re all aiming for and that my team has the same motivation,” Conner said.

syadaker

Back to top Go down

Post by syadaker Wed May 25, 2016 11:42 am

Sayang di aabot, sakto sana sa Pumaren System!

syadaker

Back to top Go down

Post by ghost09 Sun May 29, 2016 4:27 pm

pumaren recruitment doing work!, hope we can develop this kid.

ghost09

Back to top Go down

Post by ghost09 Mon May 30, 2016 12:50 am

Medyo OT:

Huge exodus in katipunan this weekend: Tolentino, Pingoy, Cani, Apacible + team B callups Kmark Carino, CJ Perez, Clint Dolinguez will not play this season due to academics. rumor has it some will transfer.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This makes our chances even better, ewan ko na lang kung di pa tayo magF4 nito, as I see it right now, it's DLSU UE FEU NU with ADU as the darkhorse this season

ghost09

Back to top Go down

Post by icemint Mon May 30, 2016 1:14 am

As per our interview with Coach Derek after the UE-Mapua game earlier, Philippine Passport Holder si Conner and can play daw right away.

Pinakita pa dinner pics nya with family and Derel.

Warrior na warrior daw. Kahit sprained na naglalaro pa din, naka 33 points at MVP award pa.
icemint
icemint
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by icemint Mon May 30, 2016 10:36 pm

UE Freshman, Alberto Lim Jr., advances to the 2nd round of 2016 Roland Garros French Open in France by beating world no 68 Constantin Bittoin Kizmoune of France 6-1,3-6,6-2.

As of posting, he is now facing the World no. 3 Jake Blache of USA in round of 32.

Wow! Just wow! UEians are truly world-class!

God bless young Warrior! Go make your country and Momma Lualhati proud!

The Phenom of Collegiate Tennis!
Go Fight Red and White!
icemint
icemint
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by icemint Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:26 am

Mass exodus of Ateneo Players - Tolentino, Cani, Pingoy, Dolinguez, Peres
icemint
icemint
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by icemint Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:27 am

icemint
icemint
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ghost09 Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:48 am

Rumor has it FEU is trying to get tolentino, we should make a run at the kid imo, syang ang potential, bigyan na lang ng tutor lol, kayang kaya i-develop yan. Pati yung kmark carino kunin na di yon 19yr 6'7 sayang din yun

sayang din yung perez dpat di na lumipat ng baste yan e haha

ghost09

Back to top Go down

Post by icemint Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:01 am

1 yr na lang yata lalaruin ni Tolentino eh pag lumioat ng NCAA yan.

Nagpasilaw kasi yung CJ Perez eh. Ayan tuloy. Haha.
icemint
icemint
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by icemint Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:30 am

I've watched the UE-AdU game, and we lost by 2 points, 80-82.

Mukang dikit ang score pero last minute lang tayo nakahabol. Tambak tayo sa Adamson most of the game.

Pansin ko hirap tayo sa mga teams na may import obviously. Lack of height as always. May 2 6'7 nga tayo, yung isa naman parang robot kumilos though pwede na may scoring naman at midrange jumper at maaasahan sa post defense at rebounds. yung isa raw pa.

At always, ang 3 sakit ng team eversince pumasok si Coach Derrick - Free-throws at perimeter defense, turnovers. It comes with the full-court press I must say.

Dahil tayo ay isang pressing team at palagi nakawhole court press lagi may naiiwanang bukas na 3pointer sa kalaban. Dito tayo pinatay ng Mapua at ng Letran, ni Manalang ng AdU, Tio ng Ateneo, Caracut ng DLSU.

And ang free-throws, again maybe kasi kakatakbo at pagod na ang mga players natin, kaya mahina na ang pulso. Kaya need palagi magrotate ng players at kaya nahihirapan kumuha ng rhythm ang mga streak-shooters katulad nila Pasaol, Varilla, at Batiller. Mag-iinit pa lang sila nilalabas na kasi pagod na sila kakatakbo.

icemint
icemint
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next