UE RED TRIBE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UAAP Season 77

+17
Neilly Boy
azil67
legendary_warrior
ue_25
waddaphak
blacksourmilk
REDblo0ded
carljacob
meteorcatcher
radic03
japzKeeTotz
cavalier18
Anonymous_Red
stump_
syadaker
ghost09
icemint
21 posters

Page 1 of 15 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Go down

UAAP Season 77 Empty UAAP Season 77

Post by icemint Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:25 am

Hi Peeps!

This is the thread for UAAP Season 77!

Post news, updates and your game observations and insights.

We are the host and we will be United in Excellence! UE in 77!!!!!

East our time!

icemint
icemint
Admin

Back to top Go down

UAAP Season 77 Empty Re: UAAP Season 77

Post by icemint Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:27 am

Hi, magpapagawa na ang RT ng new shirt just in time for this season.

Yung mga gustong kumuha ng shirt, papost lang dito ng size nyo and pa-pm ang contact number sa akin.

So far letter C ang leading sa votation ng design:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

dadagdagan pa yan ng ue red tribe sa ilalim.

icemint
icemint
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ghost09 Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:31 pm

UAAP Season 77 Primer: UE Red Warriors

via [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

UE Red Warriors

Head Coach: Derrick Pumaren (1st season)

Last Season: Sixth Place (7-7 in the eliminations)

Key Losses: Coach Boycie Zamar, Lord Casajeros, Ralf Olivares, Adrian Santos, JM Noble, Jai Flores, JR Sumido

Holdovers: Roi Sumang, Charles Mammie, Chris Javier, Bong Galanza, Gino Jumao-as, Mark Olayon, Dan Alberto, Ivan Hernandez

Key Acquisitions: Moustapha Arafat, RR de Leon (returnee), Paul Varilla, Daryl Guiang, Junard Caparida, Renz Palma, Edgar Charcos

The Coach Says:

“I expect them to play hard every game. That’s the target right now. What we put in is what we harvest at the end. What we’re gonna do right now is step-by-step, one game at a time, quarter-by-quarter, things like that. Of course, we want to win. I didn’t come here and accept this job for the sake of coaching. I came here to win. Everybody knows that, the whole team knows that and it’s the attitude that we have. Hopefully the players will be able to know the system already by the time of the opening.” – coach Derrick Pumaren

The Players Say:

“Ayaw kong sabihin na target namin ang Final Four. Ita-try namin yung best namin para makapunta sa Finals.” – Roi Sumang, guard

“I improved a lot. I practice everyday, trying to be the best I can so I can improve myself for the team. I’ll still play with a lot of emotions, but I’m still gonna be me – Charles Mammie. I’m more matured now and more responsible. I’ll be good.” – Charles Mammie, center

“My role is to double my work more on defense. I can play for offense, but I need to play for the team. My goal is to bring the championship.” – Moustapha Arafat, forward

X-Factor: Bong Galanza

If you’re the unanimous choice of your coach and your teammates to be the impact player for this coming season, you have to have the guts to take the challenge head on, right?

Galanza is facing this quandary, but the 6-foot-3 swingman is looking to deliver the goods for UE, more that he’ll be playing his final season this year.
The 21-year-old will fill the void left by Lord Casajeros and Ralf Olivares in the wings, and Pumaren hopes that his outside sniping will space the floor more, giving the main bullets Sumang, Mammie, and Arafat room to operate in the perimeter.

“Big shoes yung kailangan kong punan. Ako yung naiwan na veteran na wing. Pressure din kasi di ako masyadong nagamit the last two years pero may tiwala naman sa akin yung mga kasama ko eh,” Galanza said.

Prognosis:

A lot of rival coaches think that UE will be a force to be reckoned with this season, as the Red Warriors are set to parade Arafat with Mammie in their rotation. But Pumaren said that this also works as a disadvantage in their part, as he cannot utilize his prized foreign players at the same time.
The bigger problem for Pumaren is how the squad would adapt to his patented press, more that UE has shone last year with the brilliance of Sumang setting his teammates up on the floor.

Pumaren, who has been an ardent believer of discipline, has infused his strict demeanor to the squad, and will be hoping to get huge minutes from his cast of team B players and rookies to support his stars’ production.

Aside from Galanza, veterans Gino Jumao-as, Dan Alberto, and Chris Javier will be pressed to support the trio of Sumang, Mammie, and Arafat as UE’s focal point on offense.

You don’t have to doubt Sumang if he can deliver the goods for the Red Warriors, as many are expecting a breakout season from the Tondo native.
But for Pumaren, their season will lie more on the concept of team play, on how successful will the other guys step up come Season 77, and not just on an individual’s performance.

ghost09

Back to top Go down

Post by icemint Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:45 am

Hi guys, off topic muna.

Watch kayo ng PBB All-in, dun daughter ko, dadalaw sa bahay ni Kuya this week. And take note guys, Red daw favorite color nya sabi nya sa housemates! =)
icemint
icemint
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by syadaker Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:23 pm

^Cute ng anak mo ice, kelan papalabas?

syadaker

Back to top Go down

Post by syadaker Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:25 pm

BASKETBALL
UAAP
UE's Mammie, Aroga of NU set to see action amid move to ban foreigners from UAAP

HOST University of the East and National University will be fielding two foreign players each in Season 77 even as the UAAP is taking steps to stop the practice in the collegiate basketball league.

Spin.ph learned that the Red Warriors have Sierra Leonean Charles Mammie and Cameroonian Moustaph Arafat in their provisional roster in a bid to return to the Final Four this season.

Meanwhile, Cameroonians Alfred Aroga and Henri Betayene also made it to the lineup of the Bulldogs in their first year after Bobby Ray Parks finished his college career with the school.

Both UE and NU exercised the UAAP rule that allows teams to have two foreigners in the roster. They, however, can only play one at a time.

As it is, the UAAP plans to limit the number of foreign student athletes from two to one as early as possible before eventually disallowing their recruitment.

However, the rule will not be in play in Season 77.

“Pinagbigyan, kasi parang biglaan (kung this season, i-impose),” said a person familiar with the situation.

UE coach Derrick Pumaren earlier lamented that limiting the number of foreign athletes from two to one this season will be unfair to players who, like Arafat, have already completed residency.

“The (school) presidents want it to be cut or actually taken out. Pero kung tutuusin, kawawa naman ‘yung may tatlo or may dalawang foreigners,” said the source.

Aroga was supposed to be part of NU's lineup last season but was a late scratch due to problems with his papers. Betayene, on the other hand, returns to the Bulldogs after sitting out last season.

Mammie will enter his second season with the Red Warriors while Arafat is coming off residency.

Follow the writer on Twitter: @reubensports

syadaker

Back to top Go down

Post by syadaker Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:38 am

UE RED WARRIORS-OFFICIAL LINE-UP SEASON 77

Dan Alberto
Edgar Charcos
Zyron Cudal
RR De Leon
Clark Derige
Pedrito Galanza
Daryll Guiang
Ivan Hernandez
Chris Javier
Gino Jumaoas
Charles Mammie
Moustapha Arafat
Mark Olayon
Emil Palma
Roi Sumang
Paul Varilla

syadaker

Back to top Go down

Post by ghost09 Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:07 am

syadaker wrote:UE RED WARRIORS-OFFICIAL LINE-UP SEASON 77

Dan Alberto
Edgar Charcos
Zyron Cudal
RR De Leon
Clark Derige
Pedrito Galanza
Daryll Guiang
Ivan Hernandez
Chris Javier
Gino Jumaoas
Charles Mammie
Moustapha Arafat
Mark Olayon
Emil Palma
Roi Sumang
Paul Varilla

Clark Derige info anyone?

ghost09

Back to top Go down

Post by syadaker Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:49 am

ghost09 wrote:

Dan Alberto
Edgar Charcos
Zyron Cudal
RR De Leon
Clark Derige
Pedrito Galanza
Daryll Guiang
Ivan Hernandez
Chris Javier
Gino Jumaoas
Charles Mammie
Moustapha Arafat
Mark Olayon
Emil Palma
Roi Sumang
Paul Varilla

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

From FEU yata.

syadaker

Back to top Go down

Post by ghost09 Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:26 pm

syadaker wrote:
ghost09 wrote:

Dan Alberto
Edgar Charcos
Zyron Cudal
RR De Leon
Clark Derige
Pedrito Galanza
Daryll Guiang
Ivan Hernandez
Chris Javier
Gino Jumaoas
Charles Mammie
Moustapha Arafat
Mark Olayon
Emil Palma
Roi Sumang
Paul Varilla

From FEU yata.

Thanks. pag biglang tingin kamuka ni RR Garcia. Hope he plays that well lol

ghost09

Back to top Go down

Post by ghost09 Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:01 am

Medyo OT: nakita ko lng sa FB -wish i was there lol . naalala ko nanaman ung pait ng 14-0 bwahaha

ghost09

Back to top Go down

Post by syadaker Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:07 pm

UAAP Season 77 Preview: UE Red Warriors
By Paolo Mariano Posted Jul 7th 2014

Expectations skyrocketed for the University of the East (UE) heading into Season 76 after capturing the Filoil Flying V title in out-of-nowhere fashion.

Pre-season triumph, however, doesn’t necessarily translate to UAAP glory. Tagged as one of the favorites to win the crown, the Red Warriors didn’t even make it to the Final Four, their campaign mired by a heap of off-court distractions and player suspensions.

This season, expectations are more tempered along Recto. A Final Four finish, nonetheless, isn’t far-fetched. With spitfire guard Roi Sumang and the imposing, double-double tallying Charles Mammie at the forefront, the Red Warriors should be one of the more competitive squads.

New head coach Derrick Pumaren, who replaced the surprisingly canned Boysie Zamar, is no stranger to molding a fighting crew, being one of the veteran tacticians in the country.

“Rookies make up half of the team, experience will be a problem. But a mixture of discipline and positive attitude, that’s what I’ve been instilling,” said Pumaren, who steered De La Salle University to back-to-back diadems in 1989 and 1990.

The newcomers will need to step up quick though. A slew of key players are no longer around for the Red Warriors, namely Ralf Olivares, Adi Santos, Jay-R Sumido, and Lord Casajeros.  

The Red Warriors finished second in the league in scoring and rebounding last season with 74.4 PPG and 47.4 RPG, respectively. Their offense, however, will hit a snag this year with the exit of Olivares and Santos. They need to improve on their defense as well, allowing 75.8 PPG—tied for league-worst—in Season 76, if they want to break their post-season drought.

“Of course they’ll have the same (bad) habits from last season. We’ve only been together for two months. That’s why I’ve been focusing on teaching and showing them drills,” said Pumaren. “But they have a positive outlook. Hopefully, we’ll have a better showing.”

Luckily for Pumaren, he has arguably the league’s most lethal in-and-out combo at his disposal in Sumang and Mammie. The former finished second in the UAAP in points and assists last year with 19.3 PPG and 4.5 APG, respectively, while the latter led the field in rebounds with an eye-popping 19.0 RPG on top of 15.0 PPG.

Both will be expected to deliver huge numbers for a rag-tag gang. Sumang is a dynamic one-on-one player and deadly in the clutch, while Mammie is a menace in the paint on both ends. But what’s critical for them is to stay focused, especially the biceps-brandishing import from Sierra Leone, who, in case you’ve forgotten, could’ve been Season 76 MVP if not for his pair of suspensions due to unsportsmanlike behavior.

“So far, Charles has not given me headaches. He’s just misunderstood and a little spoiled last year. But now, he’s a changed man. He can’t let his emotions get the best of him when playing,” said Pumaren.  

It’s clear that Sumang and Mammie will carry most of the load, but the entire Red Warriors will also try to keep their opponents gasping for breath.

“Our strength is our speed. We’ll play up-tempo and (scrambling) defense. Definitely, the players are still adjusting but they’re embracing the system,” said Pumaren, who played for UE in the late 70s before transferring to La Salle.

Also expected to earn major floor time are holdovers Chris Javier, Gino Jumao-as, Mark Olayon, Dan Alberto, and team captain Pong Galanza.

UE has failed to qualify for the Final Four since making it to the Last Dance in 2009. With a pair of capable leaders, an underrated support crew, and towering expectations no longer a burden, the Red Warriors have a good chance of ending their four-year post-season drought, the longest in team history.

“Last year, UE faced high expectations. Unfortunately, the team fell short. But we can’t dwell on the past. This is a new team, a new system, a new season. We need to get back to the upper half of the league. It’s not going to be easy. Nobody said it can be easy. But it can be done,” said Pumaren.

syadaker

Back to top Go down

Post by stump_ Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:26 pm

kelan nga ba magbebenta ng tix?

stump_

Back to top Go down

Post by icemint Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:26 pm

nakabili ng yun ibang red tribe members..

Pero maglalabas daw sila ng sro come saturday morning
icemint
icemint
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anonymous_Red Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:39 pm

sabi part daw ng indonesian national team na sasali sa fiba sa wuhan yun former warrior na si biboy enguio? Any info?
Anonymous_Red
Anonymous_Red

Back to top Go down

Post by syadaker Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:06 pm

^ Yes kasali sya sa Indonesian Team

syadaker

Back to top Go down

Post by ghost09 Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:42 pm

alberto buzzer beater 3. 19-16 UE end of 1st

ghost09

Back to top Go down

Post by ghost09 Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:06 pm

45-26 UE end of 2nd. alberto 12pts 4/5 3pts

ghost09

Back to top Go down

Post by ghost09 Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:44 pm

66-36 UE end of 3rd

ghost09

Back to top Go down

Post by ghost09 Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:11 pm

final score 87 59 UE

ghost09

Back to top Go down

Post by syadaker Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:19 pm

Galing talaga! Woooooo! Go UE!!!

syadaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Anonymous_Red Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:37 pm

stats naman
Anonymous_Red
Anonymous_Red

Back to top Go down

Post by ghost09 Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:06 pm

You cannot script a better start for us. Coming out party ni alberto itong game na ito. great game from the 2nd unit. mukang marami na tayong maasahan to carry the scoring load basta maging consistent lang lahat.

via [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Dan Alberto, fellow reserves power UE Warriors to opening-day win, send UP Maroons to 22nd straight loss

UNIVERSITY of the East’s main scorers didn’t deliver the expected numbers but the reserves got the job done against hapless University of the Philippines, 87-59, in the opening game of the UAAP Season 77 men’s basketball tournament on Saturday at the Araneta Coliseum.

The Red Warriors went on a 22-5 run in the second quarter and never looked back as the season host scored their first win in the UAAP under new head coach Derrick Pumaren.

Reserve guard Dan Alberto hit five three-pointers, three coming in the second quarter, and finished with 15 points for the Red Warriors.

UE also handed UP its 22nd consecutive loss. The Maroons’ last win was scored against the Red Warriors in Season 75.

UE star Roi Sumang finished with only seven points and import Charles Mammie from Sierra Leone had eight, but Pumaren wasn’t too disappointed.

“The first group was kinda excited but the second group came in and gave us a big lift,” Pumaren said.

The game was tied at 16 when Alberto launched a buzzer-beating triple from near half-court.

The Warriors then caught fire, turning a 21-18 lead into a 38-21 advantage.

The scores:

UE (87) – Alberto 15, Javier 12, De Leon 10, Jumao-as 10, Mammie 8, Arafat 7, Sumang 7, Guiang 4, Olayon 4, Galanza 3, Varilla 3, Hernandez 2, Derige 1, Palma 1, Charcos 0, Cudal 0.

UP (59) – Lao 18, Moralde 11, Asilum 8, Gingerich 6, Gallarza 5, Dario 4, Harris 3, Reyes 2, Vito 2, Bederi 0, Juruena 0.

Quarterscores: 19-16; 45-26; 66-36; 87-59.

ghost09

Back to top Go down

Post by icemint Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:12 am

It was a terrific start for the warriors indeed. Last 3 mins na lang nung dumating ako from el nido.

Nagulat ako nung nakitan ko yung score. I wasn't expecting a lead that much.

Nung napanood ko yung replay napawow ako sa depensa natin. yun ang wala last year.

The Arafat alley-oopndunk via Sumang was the icing on the cake.

Alberto improved so much. RR De leon and Guiang were nailing their shots.

Arafat was a bit jittery but understandable for a rookie though.

I salute Coach Dindo for transforming the team to adapt his system in a short time.

Jumao-as was spectacular.

We just need to sustain and be consistent this kind of game.

The win against UP is not the barometer of how we will fare this season but it shows what the Warriors can do.

icemint
icemint
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anonymous_Red Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:28 am

lemme guess the wednesday game would be suspended? Oh, Gelda! Oh, Gelda!
Anonymous_Red
Anonymous_Red

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 15 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next