UE RED TRIBE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UE Red Warriors Season 75 Updates

+21
red_engr
taldik
amibaboi
durantula35
wyatt
Junix
azil67
convincingvince
kaede
ue_25
waddaphak
arj_brylle
japeekoi
swithu6er_26
REDman88
japzKeeTotz
paulodagul
syadaker
stump_
icemint
25 posters

Page 4 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Go down

UE Red Warriors Season 75 Updates  - Page 4 Empty UAAP SEASON 75

Post by convincingvince Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:32 pm

UAAP Season 75 Basketball Schedule for 2012

July 14, 2012 (Saturday) at MOA Arena
1 NU vs UE – 2:00pm
2 UST vs FEU – 4:00pm

July 15, 2012 (Sunday) at MOA Arena
3 DLSU vs UP – 2:00pm
4 AdU vs ATENEO – 4:00pm

July 19, 2012 (Thursday) at Araneta Coliseum
5 ATENEO vs UST – 2:00pm
6 UE vs DLSU – 4:00pm

July 21, 2012 (Saturday) at MOA Arena
7 UE vs AdU – 2:00pm
8 UP vs UST – 4:00pm

July 22, 2012 (Sunday) at MOA Arena
9 FEU vs DLSU – 2:00pm
10 ATENEO vs NU – 4:00pm

July 26, 2012 (Thursday) at Araneta Coliseum
11 UP vs NU – 2:00pm
12 AdU vs FEU – 4:00pm

July 28, 2012 (Saturday) at MOA Arena
13 UST vs NU 11:00am
14 DLSU vs ATENEO – 4:00pm

July 29, 2012 (Sunday) at MOA Arena
15 FEU vs UE – 2:00pm
16 UP vs AdU – 4:00pm

August 2, 2012 (Thursday) at Araneta Coliseum
17 ATENEO vs UP – 2:00pm
18 NU vs FEU – 4:00pm

August 4, 2012 (Saturday) at MOA Arena
19 UST vs DLSU – 2:00pm
20 UE vs ATENEO – 4:00pm

August 5, 2012 (Sunday) at MOA Arena
21 FEU vs UP – 2:00pm
22 AdU vs NU – 4:00pm

August 8, 2012 (Wednesday) at Araneta Coliseum
23 DLSU vs AdU – 2:00pm
24 UE vs UST – 4:00pm

August 11, 2012 (Saturday) at PSC Ultra
25 UST vs AdU 2:00pm
26 NU vs DLSU – 4:00pm

August 12, 2012 (Sunday) at Araneta Coliseum
27 UP vs UE – 2:00pm
28 ATENEO vs FEU – 4:00pm

convincingvince

Back to top Go down

UE Red Warriors Season 75 Updates  - Page 4 Empty Re: UE Red Warriors Season 75 Updates

Post by icemint Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:11 pm

Thank you vince
icemint
icemint
Admin

Back to top Go down

UE Red Warriors Season 75 Updates  - Page 4 Empty Re: UE Red Warriors Season 75 Updates

Post by syadaker Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:28 pm

Hope Springs Eternal For UE
By KRISTINA VILLANUEVA
July 13, 2012, 2:21pm

MANILA, Philippines – Head coach Jerry Codiñera is hoping to end University of the East’s (UE) long title drought in the University Athletic Association of the Philippines (UAAP), but is aware of the Herculean task he’s facing.

“It’s my dream,” said Codiñera, a member of the squad that last won the UAAP title in 1985. “I don’t want to be on the sidelines. I want to give the school a championship or even just to make it to the Final Four.”

In his first year as coach, Codiñera steered the Red Warriors to a 3-11 win-loss record, just half-a-game ahead of tail-ender University of the Philippines.

This year, Codiñera noted the team’s improvement as they gained more balance and has loaded up on all positions.

“We’ve improved compared to last year. We have a little more balance now. We were in the stage of getting to know you stage last year. We loaded up on all positions so we have a lot of players to choose from,” he said.

Among his rookies – Ian Valdez, JC Duncil, John Paul Mena and Roy Villarias – who are all point guards, Codiñera points out Valdez as the newbie whom he thinks would make the most contribution in his squad.

Valdez is a product of the Mapua Red Robins.

But it is still the veterans, according to Codiñera, who would carry the load for the Red Warriors this season.

“It is mostly the veterans who will carry the load here. They have to share it among themselves and take it among themselves to help,” he said.

The Warriors’ tactician, however, doesn’t want to make predictions as to who will make it to the Final Four but instead opts to take each game at a time.

“I cannot make predictions as to who will make it to the Final Four. All these teams are highly competitive. What I can assure you is that we’ll go out there fighting. If the opportunity is there, we’ll grab the chance and I will motivate them to the best of my ability,” said Codiñera. “We just try to be positive and remain consistent.”

syadaker

Back to top Go down

Post by japeekoi Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:57 pm

GO UE WARRIOPS!!!
GOODLUCK SA GAME TOMORROW!!
sana maka 5wins naman tayu o bonus na at super goodluck kung makapasok tayu sa final4.
sayang hindi ako makakapanood ng game bukas ng live. di bale next time nalang ako manood ng live. sa tv lang ako makakapanood

japeekoi

http://jhonpatrick.r.opiana@chase.com

Back to top Go down

Post by syadaker Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:58 am

Bigger, taller Warriors eye better finish
By Joey Villar (The Philippine Star) Updated July 14, 2012 12:00 AM Comments (0)

MANILA, Philippines - Coming off a second-to-last effort in a field of eight in last year’s UAAP wars, there’s no other way for University of the East to go but up this season.

And coach Jerry Codiñera could only hope for the best from his souped-up Warriors.

“We have a better line-up compared to last year, we’re bigger, our players are taller,” said Codiñera, member of the team that gave the Warriors their last championship run in the early 80s.

He said the Warriors are raring to go, their form whipped up to competitive level following a series of tournaments and foreign stints last summer.

“We gained a lot of experience (in summer), especially the rookies. There were games we’ve beaten strong teams like La Salle and I hope it will boost our confidence in the UAAP.

“With the series of international tournaments in Malaysia and Chinese Taipei plus local, pocket tournaments in Cebu and some friendly games against commercial players, it really helped my team to grow,” he added.

Erwin Duran, on his last season, and fellow veteran Jai Flores will now man the fort for UE following the graduation of last year’s leaders Lucas Tagarda, Paul Zamar and Biboy Enguio.

They will be backed up by playmakers Ian Carlo Valdez, Shej Sumang, Jhon Rey Sumido and Christopher Javier with added firepower to come from Mark Anthony Olayon and Pedrito Galanza Jr.

Codiñera is also pinning his hopes on another guard Roy Villarias and his undersized but able big men in Flores and Adrian Santos, both standing just 6-3.

Codiñera said he hopes their 4-10, seventh place finish last year will serve as a motivation for the Recto-based school, which has a proud tradition of winning seven straight UAAP championships.

Unlike other teams, UE has no legitimate star in its roster but Codiñera maintains his squad is capable of delivering the goods as a group.

“We have no player who can score 20 points every night but I expect the scoring to come from everybody that’s why I need my bench to step up each game,” said Codiñera. “We’re down there but we will work our way up, that I assure you.

“On my part, I’m not counting my team out because if they play poorly against us, we’ll take advantage of it,” he added.

syadaker

Back to top Go down

Post by syadaker Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:07 am

Red Warriors out to prove they’re no pushovers in UAAP Season 75
By Celest R. Flores
INQUIRER.net
11:31 pm | Friday, July 13th, 2012
share12 4
MANILA, Philippines – When thinking of the top teams in the 75th men’s basketball season of the UAAP, University

Guard Roi Sumang expected to carry University of the East.
of the East doesn’t exactly come to mind.
Left to deal with a paper-thin line up, even head coach Jerry Codinera knows the brand “contender” doesn’t fit the bill for the Red Warriors.
“It’s true [that we're not contenders],” said Codinera, one of the greats to have ever played in the PBA but hasn’t gotten a good run as a mentor in the UAAP. “It’s really a work in progress.”
A guard-heavy roster with six rookies, the absence of a dominant scorer or even a go-to-guy when the going gets tough, UE remains in the throes of rebuilding while the rest of the league have beefed up on talent significantly.
The departure of erstwhile main man Paul Zamar, along with Lucas Tagarda, and Biboy Enguio, among others, has already left a hole for the Red Warriors but deepening that hole was the non-inclusion of BJ Zosa, JM Noble and Lord Casajeros.
“Up to now, we don’t have a leader. My previous leaders have already left, then those who were supposed to lead next are also gone,” Codinera told INQUIRER.net in Filipino.
“I just told them, if you cannot lead, be a good example, through effort,” added Codinera.
But just because the Red Warriors have a more arduous path to tread does not mean they do not have a chance to get to the final four.
But UE would need to come out blazing everytime.
“They can compete in a higher level but their consistency is very unpredictable,” said Codinera.
Two players expected to lift their squad to a better finish from last season (3-11), guard Roi Sumang and forward Adrian Santos would need to show up in the upcoming season.
But Codinera doesn’t need just two players doing all the damage, he wants his squad to remember that there are five players on the court, and each of them has a role to play.
“One man can’t carry the load, it has to be five players. We can’t afford having only three players doing all the work like the other teams,” said Codinera. “We’re not that deep.”
They may not be on the list of squads to beat this season 75, but don’t count the Red Warriors out.
“We will continue to go out there fighting, I will try to motivate my players to the best of my ability and win for my team,” finished Codinera.

syadaker

Back to top Go down

Post by icemint Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:29 am

God Bless our team later.

Ok naman yung mga pinasok nyang mga bagong players. Olayon, and Galanza can score. Magaling na point guard si Dan Alberto parang si Rudy Lingganay maglaro.

Di ko lang alam laro ni Villarias at Mena. Yung Valdez standout sa MaLayan(Mapua) HS sa NCAA.

Malaki improvements nina Santos at Sumang sa off-season. Si Hernandez malaki din ang ginaling. Si Razon hopefully di na sya apektado ng injury nya sa both knees.

And lastly si Gene Belleza, may scorer's mentality to. Kaya lang naubos na ang playing years nya sa team b.
icemint
icemint
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by japzKeeTotz Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:36 pm

grabe result ng game kanina. Sad
dami ko nabasang d magaganda sa mga UE red warriors.
nagkataon lang naman na talgang malakas ang NU eh, tsaka umpisa pa lang naman ng game. nag aadjust pa lang naman UE warriors. bawi na lang next tym. un nga lang unang laro d maganda impression nila sa UE.

sabi naman ng papa ko, wala sa mga players yan. d lang daw talaga ganun kagaling si codinera as coach at d xa efective. magaling xang player but not as a coach.
support lang. para ganahan warriors next game. go fight red and white!!!

japzKeeTotz

Back to top Go down

Post by japeekoi Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:40 pm

japzKeeTotz wrote:grabe result ng game kanina. Sad
dami ko nabasang d magaganda sa mga UE red warriors.
nagkataon lang naman na talgang malakas ang NU eh, tsaka umpisa pa lang naman ng game. nag aadjust pa lang naman UE warriors. bawi na lang next tym. un nga lang unang laro d maganda impression nila sa UE.

sabi naman ng papa ko, wala sa mga players yan. d lang daw talaga ganun kagaling si codinera as coach at d xa efective. magaling xang player but not as a coach.
support lang. para ganahan warriors next game. go fight red and white!!!

I agree!!
nung unang round maganda ang play ng UE sa NU. here comes the 2nd round..
sa mga ganan de kalibreng team like NU today. nindi mo dapat papalakihin ang lamang. mas dikit ang laban mas malaki ang chance na makapanalo ang team...

sa mga players naman parang ok lang sa kanila mag laro nalang. wala ung spirit na nid tayu bumawi. parang walang leader na maituturing sa kanila.. comment ko lang to..

sana naman wag naman ganun kalaki ang lamang ng ibang team sa ue sa mga susunod na game.. nagmadali pako umuwi kanina para makapanood tapos ayun tuwang tuwa pa naman ako ng 1st round at lamang pa tayu ng end of the 1st quarter. haysss!! Gising UE!!!!!!

japeekoi

Back to top Go down

Post by japzKeeTotz Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:50 pm

tama ka tol japeekoi.. bilang alumni ng UE, nahihiya ako dun sa mga sumuporta na schoolmates natin kanina halos magkanda ugat ugat na leeg kaka cheer tas ganun lang result.

at kita nyu ba ung mga reaction ni sumang kanina sa court nung nkaka tres kalaban? hay. kulang na lang batukan nya teammates nya para lang gumising! baka mamaya nyan mawalan ng gana si sumang lumipat ng ibang team hay.

wla man lang go to guy as in ung solid.

SUMANG vs. NU :I

coach jerry, aksyunan mo naman to.

regarding dun sa protesta nila, kahit naman d naglaro si MBE tambak pa din UE. so sana mag pokus na lang para sa next game, wag na mag protesta. pokus sa game plan para sa next game.

japzKeeTotz

Back to top Go down

Post by stump_ Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:20 am

Here's my 2 cents:

Negatives

1) Kulang, or maybe, walang TEAM SPIRIT. Si Sumang lang ang ganado, yung iba, paagos lang kung anong nangyayari. I maybe wrong, but from my standpoint, ganun ang dating.

2) Lacking Mental Toughness. Kung mabaon ka ng ganung kalaki, mahihirapan talaga makabawi, so dapat yan ang iinstill ni Coach.

3) Limited athleticism. With exception to Sumang, parang walang ibang athletic player na nagpakita ng galing kahapon? Si Razon pinilit dikdikin yung sentro sa kabila, kaso pag napalpal, wala ng second opportunity. Si Flores, ganun din.

4) Limited endurance. Is it just me, or pagtapos ng first quarter, ndi na makababa sa depensa ng maayos ang warriors? Ndi ko alam kung nagulat lang tayo sa bilis ng NU, or talagang mabilis naubusan ng hangin ang mga bata natin...

5) Poor rotation. Sa 2-3 zone natin, ilang beses na ndi nakarotate kay Parks ang depensa. Supposed to be marked man si Parks diba? Kaso parang palagi siyang naiwanang bukas? Pero siguro this is forgivable, sobrang ganda kasi ng ikot ng bola ng NU.. nabigla siguro ang rookies natin...

6) Absent veteran support. Tuwing nattrap si Sumang sa pagbaba ng bola, tila wala cyang mapasahan? or talaga lang bang maganda ang depensa ng NU? Where is Santos' energy? Where is Javier's post presence? Dapat twin towers na tayo sa gitna, yung tipong pag may sumalaksak, drop pass sa kanan or kaliwa nalang, just like the Lee days na si Llagas ang taga tanggap ng drop pass. Where's that now?

7) Poor shot selection. Again, another forgivable thing. Rookie mistakes that needs huge attention from the coaching staff.

Cool Coaching staff boost? Rebounding wise, maganda ang rebounding ng UE. Maybe that can be attributed to Coach Jerry. I just dunno kung lamang tayo against NU yesterday. Pero other aspects of the game like turnovers, plays, etc, parang kaylangan ng MORE tuning. I respect Jerry in his position right now, just as I respected Chongson before. Wala naman sakin kahit sinong head coach ang andyan, maybe it's a factor, but again, maybe it's not. If you'd just get the right mix of strategies from the right people, you'd win.

9) Henri Betayene. It saddens me to see this guy now swat away our shots. Well, there's no crying over spilled milk. I just hope we solve this shot blocking big.

10) Turnovers. As it is.

Positives

1) Improved height ceiling. Tumangkad ang roster. Although sobrang tangkad ng NU, at least ndi tayo sobrang dwarfed. We can take this to our advantage, sana sooner rather than later.

2) Potential slashers. Dan Alberto and Ian Valdez showed they can. But they just couldn't get off the launch pad yesterday. Para bang may pumipigil, maybe the opening day jitters, pero the right plays and floor spacing would give them ample chance to slash.

3) The Roi Sumang show. It might not be good for a single person to dominate the game, but if he could dominate it by means of being an assist machine while simultaneously shooting it just like what he did in the first Q yesterday, he's a bright light to this team.

4) Sam Razon. This guy, if he'd like to be drafted in the pros, should definitely play like one. He had some bright spots yesterday in the pine. Good post moves. Good turn-around. Good gentle hook. Just be consistent and a little more aggressive, and maybe forcing himself to forget about his past injury would boost his morale to dominate the paint.

5) Mark Olayon. Good range and J. Maybe more plays for him would get him accustomed to contributing on a regular basis.

Talagang overshadowed ng negatives ang positives na nakita ko eh... sensya na... but still, as long as there are positives, then there's reason to do better.

Bawi sa Thursday! Very Happy

stump_

Back to top Go down

Post by japeekoi Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:56 pm

stump_ wrote:Here's my 2 cents:

Negatives

1) Kulang, or maybe, walang TEAM SPIRIT. Si Sumang lang ang ganado, yung iba, paagos lang kung anong nangyayari. I maybe wrong, but from my standpoint, ganun ang dating.

2) Lacking Mental Toughness. Kung mabaon ka ng ganung kalaki, mahihirapan talaga makabawi, so dapat yan ang iinstill ni Coach.

3) Limited athleticism. With exception to Sumang, parang walang ibang athletic player na nagpakita ng galing kahapon? Si Razon pinilit dikdikin yung sentro sa kabila, kaso pag napalpal, wala ng second opportunity. Si Flores, ganun din.

4) Limited endurance. Is it just me, or pagtapos ng first quarter, ndi na makababa sa depensa ng maayos ang warriors? Ndi ko alam kung nagulat lang tayo sa bilis ng NU, or talagang mabilis naubusan ng hangin ang mga bata natin...

5) Poor rotation. Sa 2-3 zone natin, ilang beses na ndi nakarotate kay Parks ang depensa. Supposed to be marked man si Parks diba? Kaso parang palagi siyang naiwanang bukas? Pero siguro this is forgivable, sobrang ganda kasi ng ikot ng bola ng NU.. nabigla siguro ang rookies natin...

6) Absent veteran support. Tuwing nattrap si Sumang sa pagbaba ng bola, tila wala cyang mapasahan? or talaga lang bang maganda ang depensa ng NU? Where is Santos' energy? Where is Javier's post presence? Dapat twin towers na tayo sa gitna, yung tipong pag may sumalaksak, drop pass sa kanan or kaliwa nalang, just like the Lee days na si Llagas ang taga tanggap ng drop pass. Where's that now?

7) Poor shot selection. Again, another forgivable thing. Rookie mistakes that needs huge attention from the coaching staff.

Cool Coaching staff boost? Rebounding wise, maganda ang rebounding ng UE. Maybe that can be attributed to Coach Jerry. I just dunno kung lamang tayo against NU yesterday. Pero other aspects of the game like turnovers, plays, etc, parang kaylangan ng MORE tuning. I respect Jerry in his position right now, just as I respected Chongson before. Wala naman sakin kahit sinong head coach ang andyan, maybe it's a factor, but again, maybe it's not. If you'd just get the right mix of strategies from the right people, you'd win.

9) Henri Betayene. It saddens me to see this guy now swat away our shots. Well, there's no crying over spilled milk. I just hope we solve this shot blocking big.

10) Turnovers. As it is.

Positives

1) Improved height ceiling. Tumangkad ang roster. Although sobrang tangkad ng NU, at least ndi tayo sobrang dwarfed. We can take this to our advantage, sana sooner rather than later.

2) Potential slashers. Dan Alberto and Ian Valdez showed they can. But they just couldn't get off the launch pad yesterday. Para bang may pumipigil, maybe the opening day jitters, pero the right plays and floor spacing would give them ample chance to slash.

3) The Roi Sumang show. It might not be good for a single person to dominate the game, but if he could dominate it by means of being an assist machine while simultaneously shooting it just like what he did in the first Q yesterday, he's a bright light to this team.

4) Sam Razon. This guy, if he'd like to be drafted in the pros, should definitely play like one. He had some bright spots yesterday in the pine. Good post moves. Good turn-around. Good gentle hook. Just be consistent and a little more aggressive, and maybe forcing himself to forget about his past injury would boost his morale to dominate the paint.

5) Mark Olayon. Good range and J. Maybe more plays for him would get him accustomed to contributing on a regular basis.

Talagang overshadowed ng negatives ang positives na nakita ko eh... sensya na... but still, as long as there are positives, then there's reason to do better.

Bawi sa Thursday! Very Happy

Go padin and im still hopingaminado naman ako magaling talaga ang NU ngayun taon nato
wanna see some improvements for the upcoming games..
kaya yan!!!

wag lang talagang mag papalamang ng ganun kalaki para kayang kayang mabawi.. nd pa tayu ganun kalakas so as long na dikit ang laban me chance na makaupset tayu palagi ng opponent...

japeekoi

Back to top Go down

Post by syadaker Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:04 pm

Grabe sa twitter tinitira tayo about sa protest, naman! Dapat pinabayaan na lang yun, nagmumkha tayong tanga eh. Di ba pwede ipalit si Boyzie Zamar? Barangay level yung laro nila, walang improvement.

syadaker

Back to top Go down

Post by azil67 Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:57 pm

mahusay na player c coach jerry pero...

azil67

Back to top Go down

Post by azil67 Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:58 pm

sayang ang potential ni olayon kapag ganun ang laro nang team...

azil67

Back to top Go down

Post by waddaphak Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:16 pm

hahaist para saken okz na yung offense ni Razon though parang ang bagal pa ren nila bumaba para sa depensa grabe 28-0 FB points? tsskkk

anyways matanong ko lang po bakit wala sa line-up si Noble? kung hindi man natuloy yung petition na maglaro next season sana kasama siya sa line-up ngayon dba? ano na ba balita sa kanya?

waddaphak

Back to top Go down

Post by icemint Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:27 am

Great review stump.

Sorry uber late post. I was engulfed by my work the whole week last week. I was in a business conference in Bohol. Yung flight ko pabalik ng manila is 4.20pm, damn! I was so frustrated that I wasn't able to watch the game.

Not worth it naman pala kung nagparebook ako ng flight that could have cost me a thousand bucks. But humabol pa rin ako sa gatherings ng ibang RT members nonetheless (pics sa other thread).

It's a very disappointing news to start the season for the UE Community. Having a team with a bunch of rookies facing a team with a future superstar in Parks, and two imports by his side, I cannot help but to sigh.

Sabi nga ng ibang RT, si Sumang lang ang gumagawa. Sabi ko dati, sya ang "Derrick Rose" ng UAAP. Wag naman sana pati pagiging solo scorer eh magaya nya. Kailangan nya ng tulong.

Di ko alam kung bakit binalik pa si Razon. Sa off season pa lang kitang kita na magiging liability sya kesa sa pagiging asset. Apektado na yung pagkilos nya ng 2 knee injury nya, Meron naman tayo na mga matatangkad sa team b na kailangan ng experience. (But then again, let's give him the chance to prove himself sa upcoming games).

Si Olayon at Galanza magagaling na players na malaki ang potential. Pwede sila maging 1-2 punch kasama ni Sumang at maging big 3 ng UE in the coming years. Naniniwala ako next year malakas na ang team sa pagpasok ng ibang recruits(given na hindi sila mapipirata).

Di ko alam kung ano ang plano ni Coach Jerry at nilagyan nya nag sangkatutak na guards ang team at nagpasok lang ng 2 sentro (Razon and Hernandez).

Ang gulo pa din ng rotation nya. Tsk. Mukang yun talaga gusto nyang pakitang trademark nya.

Hopefully maganda naman ipakita nila next game.

Basta kahit anung mangyari cheer lang tayo guys. Sa atin lang aasa ng suporta ang team.

Go Fight Red and White!

icemint
icemint
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by icemint Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:34 am

waddaphak wrote:hahaist para saken okz na yung offense ni Razon though parang ang bagal pa ren nila bumaba para sa depensa grabe 28-0 FB points? tsskkk

anyways matanong ko lang po bakit wala sa line-up si Noble? kung hindi man natuloy yung petition na maglaro next season sana kasama siya sa line-up ngayon dba? ano na ba balita sa kanya?

Hayaan na natin si amibaboi ang sumagot nyan, mas marami syang alam sa team.

Bro amibaboi, post ka naman ng mga infos, tama na pagllurk hehe
icemint
icemint
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stump_ Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:35 am

icemint wrote:Great review stump.

Sorry uber late post. I was engulfed by my work the whole week last week. I was in a business conference in Bohol. Yung flight ko pabalik ng manila is 4.20pm, damn! I was so frustrated that I wasn't able to watch the game.

Not worth it naman pala kung nagparebook ako ng flight that could have cost me a thousand bucks. But humabol pa rin ako sa gatherings ng ibang RT members nonetheless (pics sa other thread).

It's a very disappointing news to start the season for the UE Community. Having a team with a bunch of rookies facing a team with a future superstar in Parks, and two imports by his side, I cannot help but to sigh.

Sabi nga ng ibang RT, si Sumang lang ang gumagawa. Sabi ko dati, sya ang "Derrick Rose" ng UAAP. Wag naman sana pati pagiging solo scorer eh magaya nya. Kailangan nya ng tulong.

Di ko alam kung bakit binalik pa si Razon. Sa off season pa lang kitang kita na magiging liability sya kesa sa pagiging asset. Apektado na yung pagkilos nya ng 2 knee injury nya, Meron naman tayo na mga matatangkad sa team b na kailangan ng experience. (But then again, let's give him the chance to prove himself sa upcoming games).

Si Olayon at Galanza magagaling na players na malaki ang potential. Pwede sila maging 1-2 punch kasama ni Sumang at maging big 3 ng UE in the coming years. Naniniwala ako next year malakas na ang team sa pagpasok ng ibang recruits(given na hindi sila mapipirata).

Di ko alam kung ano ang plano ni Coach Jerry at nilagyan nya nag sangkatutak na guards ang team at nagpasok lang ng 2 sentro (Razon and Hernandez).

Ang gulo pa din ng rotation nya. Tsk. Mukang yun talaga gusto nyang pakitang trademark nya.

Basta kahit anung mangyari cheer lang tayo guys. Sa atin lang aasa ng suporta ang team.

Go Fight Red and White!

Sana palakihin nila katawan ng team B bigs natin... tsaka mejo mabagal padin ung bigs dun lalo na yung locals... (IMO)....
Dun naman sa "mapirata" na players... naku naman.. yung 2 dun nakaranas na ng lipat bakod. Ngayon residency sila. Gusto ba nilang maburo sa puro residency dahil sa kakalipat? hehehe...

Tama ka sa "magulong rotation". Tsaka for a big guy in the pros, bakit parang puro guards ang trip nya? hmmm... sino ba ang consultant ng team ngayon? Baka naman si Dindo P. kaya ma-guard ang main idea ng composition ng team...

Sana makasilat tayo sa sabado. Wink

stump_

Back to top Go down

Post by icemint Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:10 pm

Medyo hawig sila ni Dindo Pumaren ng rotation. Si Dindo nga lang pag may mali labas kagad. Si Jerry naman every 2-3 mins palit ng players. Paano kaya mag-iinit at makakakuha ng momentum yung ibang player? Lalo na yung mga rhythm shooters na kailangan muna mafeel yung laro para umiskor.

Ok na sana ang mga recruits natin ngayon hindi lang nagagamit ng maayos.

Gusto ko manuod bukas ng UE-DLSU kaya lang may appointment ako ng gabi. Kainis.

Sa saturday manunuod ako, sama ka ba stump?
icemint
icemint
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ue_25 Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:31 am

stump_ wrote:

Go Fight Red and White!

Sana palakihin nila katawan ng team B bigs natin... tsaka mejo mabagal padin ung bigs dun lalo na yung locals... (IMO)....
Dun naman sa "mapirata" na players... naku naman.. yung 2 dun nakaranas na ng lipat bakod. Ngayon residency sila. Gusto ba nilang maburo sa puro residency dahil sa kakalipat? hehehe...

Tama ka sa "magulong rotation". Tsaka for a big guy in the pros, bakit parang puro guards ang trip nya? hmmm... sino ba ang consultant ng team ngayon? Baka naman si Dindo P. kaya ma-guard ang main idea ng composition ng team...

@ bro stump_ : sino po ba na dalawang players na galing sa atin ang lumipat po ng bakod?.... sayang naman po ung dalawang players na un.....Sad

ue_25

Back to top Go down

Post by japeekoi Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:23 am

Go Fight Red and White!

sana maganda ang laro ng team today
nakoooooo!!
gudluck sa UE!!!

japeekoi

Back to top Go down

Post by stump_ Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:23 pm

icemint wrote:Medyo hawig sila ni Dindo Pumaren ng rotation. Si Dindo nga lang pag may mali labas kagad. Si Jerry naman every 2-3 mins palit ng players. Paano kaya mag-iinit at makakakuha ng momentum yung ibang player? Lalo na yung mga rhythm shooters na kailangan muna mafeel yung laro para umiskor.

Ok na sana ang mga recruits natin ngayon hindi lang nagagamit ng maayos.

Gusto ko manuod bukas ng UE-DLSU kaya lang may appointment ako ng gabi. Kainis.

Sa saturday manunuod ako, sama ka ba stump?

di ko sure eh... may event kasi ko bukas ng 9 to 3.. pero di ko alam kung kaylangan ko magstay ng buong 9 to 3... anyways, UE-DLSU ba? akala ko UE-UST bukas? ahahaha

stump_

Back to top Go down

Post by stump_ Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:30 pm

UAAP: DLSU explodes late anew, trumps UE
JOB B. DE LEON July 19, 2012 6:20pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

(Updated 8:01pm) The De La Salle University Green Archers dominated the fourth quarter, finally creating separation between them and a determined UE Red Warriors squad, prevailing 67-59 for their second win in the 75th season of the UAAP, Thursday at the Smart Araneta Coliseum.

"We're happy with the win," said La Salle head coach Gee Abanilla. "but it's still early [in the season] and we want to get better."

Jeron Teng scored the next four for La Salle, the beginning of an 8-1 run that moved them past UE. JR Sumido scored in the lane to tie, but a layup by Thomas Torres edged the Archers ahead, 13-11, after the first period.

In the second quarter, La Salle gambled by giving their bench players extended minutes in the period, but they couldn’t find an offensive rhythm and drew even with the Warriors as both teams scored five points apiece halfway through the period, 28-16.

Sumang broke the Warriors' slump and drained back to back triples, pushing UE ahead, 22-20. But the Archers' starters checked back in to provide relief. Teng had four points in a 9-0 run to close the period, and DLSU took a 29-22 lead heading into the halftime break.

The two sides exchanged runs to start the third, with UE opening with a 5-0 burst that forced coach Abanilla to call for time, barely two minutes gone by. La Salle countered by holding the Red Warriors without a field goal for the next five minutes, to pull away, 39-31 on a free throw by Teng.

Off a timeout of their own, the Red Warriors poured out an 8-2 blast that got them within two points, 41-39 with 40 seconds left in the third, putting them in a position to threaten through much of the rest of the way.

An Adrian Santos transition score made it a one-point deficit for the Red Warriors, 51-50 with 6:28 left to play, but La Salle countered with 10 unanswered, boosting their advantage to 61-50 with 3:29 left, and UE couldn't muster enough offense for a final push.

Plucky point guard LA Revilla (center) complemented Jeron Teng well with another all-around game. KC Cruz

Despite an early 2-0 lead in the standings, Abanilla thinks his team is far from a finished product at this stage of the season, saying, "We experimented with different combinations on the floor and we're slowly figuring out what works with us." In fact, La Salle fielded its entire roster, and 10 players logged at least 10 minutes in the game.

Rookie standout Jeron Teng led the Archers with 16 points and five rebounds. Point guard LA Revilla had 11 points, five rebounds and four assists, while reserve forward Jovet Mendoza also scored 11, and added four rebounds.

Roi Sumang tallied a game-high 20 points and five rebounds on 7 for 16 shooting, but Adrian Santos was the only other Warrior in double digits with 14 points and 14 rebounds. Without Sumang, UE made only 14 of 45 shots for a paltry 31 percent.

Once again, UE's opponents out-shot them, as DLSU converted 41 percent, or 26-of-64 of their shots, versus the Red Warriors' 35 percent shooting, or 21-for-61 from the field.

Still, it was a better effort from the Red Warriors, making up somewhat for their blowout loss to NU on opening day by threatening until late. Still, the team is winless after two outings. - AMD, GMA News

The scores:

DLSU 67: Teng 16, Mendoza 11, Revilla 11, T Torres 7, Van Opstal 5, Vosotros 5, Dela Paz 3, Andrada 2, Tampus 2, Manguera 1, Paredes 0, Gotladera 0, Webb 0

UE 59: Sumang 20, Santos 14, Javier 6, Olayon 5, Galanza 5, Villarias 3, Sumido 2, Razon 2, Mena 3, Belleze 0, Valdez 0, Hernandez 0, Flores 0, Duncil 0

Quarter scores: 13-11, 29-22, 43-39, 67-59

Onting tiis nalang makaka silat din tayo... hehehe....

stump_

Back to top Go down

Post by stump_ Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:33 pm

ue_25 wrote:
stump_ wrote:

Go Fight Red and White!

@ bro stump_ : sino po ba na dalawang players na galing sa atin ang lumipat po ng bakod?.... sayang naman po ung dalawang players na un.....Sad

Nope, what I meant is, yung dalawang players na yun, namely Jumao-As and Mammie, came from FEU and Arellano respectively. so ngayon, residency sila sa Team B natin, and will play next season. It's actually a positive news. Smile

stump_

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next