UAAP SEASON 80: GO FOR GREAT! (2017)

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Re: UAAP SEASON 80: GO FOR GREAT! (2017)

Post by syadaker on Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:01 pm

Okay pero sana matuloy sa atin =)

syadaker

Back to top Go down

Post by 0116193 on Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:20 pm

pero sana mgstart na. almost 6 mos n lng UAAP na

Back to top Go down

Post by syadaker on Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:52 am

Confirmed nga ni Coach Chongson na si Mr. Bong Tan na ang hahawak sa UE MBT =)

syadaker

Back to top Go down

Post by syadaker on Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:23 pm

kawawa naman tayo. sino kaya sunod na candidate?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

syadaker

Back to top Go down

Post by syadaker on Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:38 pm

This means that the UE Red Warriors still don’t have a head coach for #UAAPSeason81. According to sources, they are already deliberating among three candidates. - Normie Riego

Sino yung tatlo? Banal, Abarrientos and Caidic? Kung si Bong Tan hahawak walang pipiliin yun sa tatlo.

syadaker

Back to top Go down

Post by syadaker on Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:09 am

From Coach Lawrence Chongson:

Thats why im being ordered by my boss (bong tan) to hurriedly cram for other options.

i've got a few names on my wish-list..but would rather keep them to myself for now.

one name i will share with you guys though..is Chris Gavina. i've had initial talks with him but i will allow him to finish up on his MPBL duties with his Valenzuela team for a few more weeks..before getting in touch with him again.

its all surreal for me..doing stuffs and chores for UE..i was at the NBTC tournament these past 2 days..scouting for recruits.

personally, its just about keeping myself a bit busy..even for a few hours a day. sort of a mental exercise.

and as far as the UE basketball program is concerned, i believe that we'll need to draw up a game plan..or a process"

syadaker

Back to top Go down

Post by icemint on Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:31 pm

Shortlisted si Gavina and Koy Banal.
icemint
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by syadaker on Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:09 pm

Kung ikaw admin, sino kaya mas maganda kunin na coach?

syadaker

Back to top Go down

Post by syadaker on Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:26 pm

Chris Gavina confirms UE reached out about head coaching job: 'It was presented to me'
Yoyo Sarmenta

Former PBA mentor Chris Gavina admitted he was contacted by the UE Red Warriors. However, the young coach downplayed
the idea that he is already on his way to the Manila-based school, saying that there is no formal offer yet.
Gavina was able to shed light on his rumored coaching move after his squad Team Cherifer Hustle defeated Team Cherifer Heart
during the 2018 Darlington SM NBTC Division 1 All-Star Game at the Mall of Asia Arena on Friday.

After months without a head coach, it seems like the Red Warriors are getting close to hiring someone who will fill the vacant
position. "I've had a conversation with a representative of UE over the phone," Gavina admitted. "The position was explained to
me that it is open, that they are considering me."

The former KIA Picanto coach disclosed that he was on the shortlist of coaches alongside Koy Banal and Goldwin Monteverde.
Despite his recent discussion with UE, he pointed out that nothing is final. "It's a great honor on my half. Details of the position
hasn't exactly been hashed out with regards to 'Am I gonna take it or not?' It was presented," he clarified. "Let's just say it was
presented to me."

"Am I gonna take it? I mean the opportunity is there. I'm never one to just not be open to see my options. I'm all about winning,
"he went on. Gavina is currently putting all of his efforts in coaching the Valenzuela Classics in the Maharlika Pilipinas Basketball League.

"My concentration right now is on our next game to close out, to move to the semis. I'll be able to think about it over the Holy Week
hopefully," he shared, as he revealed that was contacted by UE just last week. "It's just a matter of timing. If I had really the time to
just focus on that, I think I'd be able to make a quicker decision, but the MPBL playoffs going on, I kind of spending a lot of time with
game prep. One thing at a time."

The UE head coaching position has been vacant for the last four months since the departure of Derrick Pumaren. With the next UAAP
Season just half a year away, the Red Warriors are in dire need of a head coach. "Coaching is all about being able to make an impact on
young players' lives so if I get that opportunity, then I'll definitely consider it," Gavina said.

syadaker

Back to top Go down

Post by syadaker on Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:44 pm

Chris Gavina keeps lines with UE open
March 23, 2018By Matthew Li

Chris Gavina had a first-hand experience of coaching student-athletes Friday afternoon during the 2018 National Basketball Training Center All-Star Game.
After the game, Chris Gavina confirmed Tiebreaker Times’ report that he was being eyed by the University of the East to take over the Men’s Basketball Team.

According to the youthful head coach, the brass of the Red Warriors have already expressed their interest of tapping him as their head coach.

“I’ve had a conversation with a representative of UE over the phone. The position was explained to me that it is open, that they are considering me,”
the 39-year-old mentor shared. “I think that coach Koy [Banal] is still being considered. I know coach [Goldwin] Monteverde was being considered. To be in
the rankings of those types of coaches. It’s a great honor on my half,” he furthered.

Though the talks are just in its preliminary stage, there is an offer on the table just waiting to be signed.

However, Gavina is currently focused on the campaign of the Valenzuala Classics in the MPBL. But one if his players is egging him on to take the post in former
Red Warrior Paolo Hubalde. “I’ve been really asking about the program. Paulo Hubalde is one of my players in Team Valenzuela, he’s really breaking down of
how the culture was back then and how things have kinda changed. He’s trying to push me towards the direction of taking it. It’s kinda a one-sided conversation
with him,” he quipped
. Still, he is not closing his doors on the new opportunity presented to him.

“Details of the position hasn’t exactly been hashed out with regards to – am I gonna take or not – it’s just being… it was presented. Let’s just say it was
presented to me. Am I gonna take it? I mean the opportunity is there. I’m never one to just not be open to see my options. I’m all about winning,” Gavina expressed.
“If I feel as if it’s an opportunity for me to turn a program or culture around, like I have been in Team Valenzuela for the MPBL.

syadaker

Back to top Go down

Post by icemint on Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:04 pm

Sabi ni Coach Lawrence gusto daw nya itap si Artadi.

Kung ako tatanungin, gusto ko UE alumnus. Pero kung no choice Koy Banal. Proven na sya sa collegiate basketball though iba kasi ang resources ng school management na nahawakan nya.

If UE magmanage sya sa team, limited ang resources nya baka di nya magawa ang magic nya.

Pero if si Bong Tan ang hahawak, malaki ang chance na maduplicate nya ang mga nagawa nya sa ibang schools.
icemint
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by icemint on Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:17 pm

SPOTTED KANINA SA UE MANILA:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

icemint
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by syadaker on Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:32 pm

Nakuha na daw assistant coach si Paul Artadi according to gameface.ph forum, start na sya sa filoil.

syadaker

Back to top Go down

Post by UE_Fight! on Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:04 pm

Around 15 na Lang daw players natin.

Yung mga bata umalis na. Tapos may 5 natanggal kaso nahulihan ng MJ Sa cr ng guard including one team A and one former team A.

UE_Fight!

Back to top Go down

Post by icemint on Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:34 pm

UE great Jerry Codinera was spotted in UE earlier.

Usapan either sya or Caidic for coach.
icemint
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by icemint on Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:43 pm

Nagtune up pala imus squad nya saka ue. Talo UE
icemint
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 0116193 on Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:28 pm

Sana si Caidic

Back to top Go down

Post by syadaker on Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:59 pm

Hindi pala natuloy si Gavina? Nasulot na nga ni Ayo and UST si Mark Nonoy, hindi na sa UE maglaro ng Juniors. kasama na din and UST sa mga manunulot  Mad  Mad  Mad

syadaker

Back to top Go down

Post by icemint on Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:39 pm

The UE Red Warriors won earlier against the QC Capitals in a tune-up game.

The Red Warriors will have two games tomorrow:

7am vs NU (FEU Gym)
Milcu Preseason Tournament

3pm vs EAC (San Beda Gym)
Fr. Martin's Cup

---

UE WVT and UE WBT assistant coach Melvin Reyes will coach the UE Red Warriors for the Filoil games. If the the team will do good in the Filoil games, there's a big possibility that coach Melvin will handle the team for this season, an inside source said.
icemint
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3